9 February 2014

Some Work from Work!

So I haven't really had much time to do any drawing lately so thought I would post up some boring bits of work from work! Yay!

I work for a company who are a toy, party and fancy dress importers. I mostly do product photography/image editing along with creating new artworks from existing product artwork. I help out with the catalogue at the end of the year and occasionally get to design new artwork.

This is one of the first new design pieces I got to do for them. They had existing pirate themed artwork and they wanted a new display box made up for little penny toys and bits and bobs. These are the illustrations I did for the box along with a screenshot of the side of the final box. All illustrations were hand painted in Photoshop. I had so much fun with these I wish I got to do more in this kind of style!


This is a more recent piece, where I had to create a basic male face to be used as a backing card for dress up accessories like moustaches, side burns, eyebrows and beards. Not my favourite of pieces as I had to work to a set style in order for it to match the existing artworks in that range :( Everything was created in Illustrator.
Moving on to some photography work...this is some of the image editing work I have to do from time to time.

In between Photo shoots, we make do with using work colleagues as models (I hope they don't mind me posting these :P) For these wig items as an example, I had to cut out and "photoshop" the wigs onto the real models faces, as well as doing some colour correction on a couple of the images.

So yeah, that's pretty much the more exciting parts of my work! Some of the more boring stuff involves making information labels, cutting out photos of products and making cutter guides for boxes. I quite enjoy the job, although would much prefer to be doing a lot more design work! I sometimes feel I get a bit lazy as the job isn't particularly challenging :P

Anyway, sorry for my boring work filler post :D haha I am sorting through some of the Games Design work I did for a friend so will hopefully have a slightly more interesting post next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment