15 August 2013

Well hello there Blog world!

Ok...so I remembered that I have a blog! Ha :/ I feel quite disappointed in myself that I haven't made the time to draw and finish anything decent enough to post up here...surely it can't have been almost 2 years since I last posted something big?! I promise that I have been doing stuff like; working on some concept and 3D work for a friends game (will try and get permission to post some shots up!) sketching and designing some tattoos for friends and then I seem to have gotten caught up in making a lot of textile and crafty things which is nice working in traditional mediums and creative physical things.

Anyway, now that I've settled into a new house in a new big city, there's lots of creative things to do and explore!! Can't wait to get back onto a life drawing class and fingers crossed, search for a new more creative job...exciting stuff! I will do my best to get on here more with my creative bits and bobs.

For now though, I do have something to post to update this desperate looking blog; a piece that I have been working on for the last 8 months or so in the free time that I have managed to scrounge together. This is a digital painting of a character for a friend's online competition. I LOVED working on it and loved how it turned out! Tried a few new painting things...I kinda get scared when I have to add colour to lines cos it never turns out as good as I first imagine but I am happy with the outcome of this one :)

Enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. It's really cool finally seeing realistic shading to your style :) adorable realistic wings ftw! Really good job on the materials, would be awesome to see some WIP's to see your workflow for this piece :)

    ReplyDelete